TERN Attribution-Share Alike-Non Commercial (TERN-BY-SA-NC) Data Licence v1.0
This is a summary of the TERN Attribution-Share ALike-Non Commercial (TERN BY-SA-NC) Data Licence v1.0.
The TERN Attribution-Share Alike- Non Commercial (TERN BY-SA-NC) Data Licence v1.0 restricts the development of new data/products, so that a user can:
- copy, re-use, share and distribute the copies of the data
- not use the data for commercial purposes
provided that, whenever the data is copied, re-used, or distributed the user ensures that:
- credit is given to the original sources/s of the data (and any other nominated parties) in the manner stipulated (Attribution);
- the data cannot be used for commercial purposes (No Commercial); and
- If the data is altered, transformed, the resulting datasets can only be used under the same license conditions.
NB: It is the responsibility of the data owner to determine which licence is most appropriate for a data set. It is also the responsibility of the user to find out (and follow) the terms of any applicable licence. TERN provides general information about licences which meet its objectives. TERN does not provide legal advice about the suitability of any particular licence for any particular purpose. If you are in any doubt, please seek your own legal advice.
The TERN suite of data licences are based on the Creative Commons v3.0 (Australia) licences but have been modified to include those items of research data which may not be subject to copyright. More information about copyright is available from IP Australia, AusGOAL, or the Commonwealth Attorney-General's Department.