CoESRA Case Study 2: Georgina Gidgee Woodlands
IUCN Ecosystem Risk Assessment of Georgina gidgee woodlands in Central Australia
A Kepler scientific workflow has been developed to reproduce the IUCN RLE assessment of Georgina gidgee Woodlands in central Australia  .
Two different workflows were developed: First, the Species Distribution Model is performed locally in the virtual desktop; Second, the species distribution model is invoked from Biodiversity and Climate Change Virtual Lab (BCCVL) from Kepler workflow as an API call.
- Desert Ecology Research Group, University of Sydney.
- Research Data Services
How to run
Login to CoESRA virtual desktop and following below steps:
- In the application menu, click on CoESRA and Kepler.
- On the left-hand side menu in Kepler, click on “Coesra-tern” and “IUCN_assessment_georgina_gidgee” folder.
- Double click on workflow icons with the name “IUCN_Georgina_gidgee_woodlands.xml” to run an original assessment or “IUCN_Georgina_gidgee_woodlands_bccvl.xml” to execute the assessment by using BCCVL for Species Distribution Modelling.
The workflow will open in a new window and click a start button to run the workflow.
- G. M. Wardle, A. C. Greenville, A. S. K. Frank, M. Tischler, N. J. Emery, and C. R. Dickman, “Ecosystem risk assessment of Geogina Gidgee woodlands in central Australia,” Austral Ecology, vol. 40, p. 15, 2015.