The latest version 5.0 update for TERN’s Data Discovery Portal (TDDP) has finally been released, bringing along with it some brand new features that improve user search functionalities.
This newest release primarily focuses on changes to the tools used in the application development to align them more with tools used in TERN’s Data Services and Analytics Platform. Search Capabilities have been improved by indexing all artefacts in the metadata and using Elastic search as a search engine. The user interface has also been improved and migrated to the new React framework from the old AngularJS structure.
The TERN Data Discovery Portal (TDDP) enables discovery and access to data collection published by TERN. The TDDP provides users with a free text and map search interface with additional facets including region-based, temporal and theme-based searches.
A few stand-out features of the updated TDDP include the ability to have sharable URLs for all user-defined searches, improved search functionalities, and the metadata page now displays all up-to-date content that has been captured through TERN’s data submission tool SHaRED.
For a full breakdown of all the new features, fixes and improvements, check out the list below.
TERN Data Discovery Portal (TDDP) 5.0 Update
- Migrate the front end from AngularJS to React framework
- Implement server-side rendering using React
- Migrate from Google Maps to Openstreet Maps
- Migrate from Solr to Elastic Search index
- The header and footer align with the TERN branding and other TERN data portals
- Ability to have sharable URLs for all user-defined queries.
- Stream the URL of all metadata records
- Index entire metadata to improve search functionalities
- Update API to access all artefacts of the metadata
- The metadata page displays all contents captured from SHaRED v 4.0
- Temporal extent search functionality
- Fix the related collection popup and point to the correct link
- Implement server-side rendering using react
- Migrate all map layers to the Geoserver cluster
- Replace contact page with TERN contact page